search this blog

5.21.2012

dino art

Unfortunately, I was unable to attend my cousins wife's baby shower this past Saturday. I hated to miss it, but knew I wanted to make them a special gift. When I found out they were planning a dinosaur theme for the nursery I decided to make them some wall art.


I'm absolutely thrilled with how they turned out [and I hope Mikie & Patrick like them too].
____________________________________________________

Here is what you'll need to make your own:


Wood frame
fun paper
scissors
Mod Podge
foam brush
computer/printer OR hand drawn design
small foam roller

____________________________________________________


[1] Start by finding/designing an image you want to use.
I found this little dinosaur online and thought he was perfect.



[2] Cut out all the separate parts of your design. 
For me I cut out the main body and the spikes. The eyes and spots I knew I could do on my own.


[3] Trace your designs onto the back of your pretty paper and cut them out.


[4] When all of your pieces are cut out it's time to assemble.
(I laid my whole design out to make sure everything looked ok first)




[5] To assemble, apply a medium layer of Mod Podge to your wood board using a foam brush.
Place your paper in place and roll over the paper with your dry foam roller -
This will help to keep any air bubbles from forming under the paper.

Work in small sections (start with your bottom layer and work to the top)

[6] Finish off with 2 thin and even coats of Mod Podge on top of your finished piece. 
Be sure to let it dry fully in between coats.





Here are a few others I made:

For a co-worker

for my sister-in-law






5 comments:

  1. I love this!!! Everything you create is too cute, I love your talent! Congratulations on your success :)

    Leslie Rojahn

    ReplyDelete
  2. Leslie... You're so sweet! Thank you :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. those are adorable!! thanks for the great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my gosh, these are aDORable!!!!

    ReplyDelete

All comments will be answered/responded to by email. Please make sure your email address is linked up to your account so I can reply. Thanks for leaving me some love :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...