search this blog

10.20.2012

wedding card holder

In the spirit of sharing wedding details and DIY ideas during our anniversary month (see other posts here & here), this post is about fun ways to decorate your gift table. We chose to use a mailbox for our wedding cards:

It was a great "catch all" place for cards and small gifts and at the end of the night it could be easily closed up and put in the car. We got married at an Industrial Museum, so the metal mailbox fit in perfectly in the space. 

Although...we didn't just buy the mailbox for the wedding... We now use it at our house! 


We bought our first house a few months before the wedding and the mailbox we inherited was in poor shape. After the wedding, we put our "card holder" to good use. I love that it was part of our special day and now serves a purpose in our everyday life.

Here are some other cute ideas I've found that would be perfect for a gift table at any party:


1. These cute doily letters spell out "gifts" - such a simple, lovely touch. 
2. I love vintage suitcases and this adorable suitcase for cards.
3. LOVE the little burlap basket for cards and the little sign next to it.


4. What a cute banner for a bridal shower - it would be a fun DIY project.
5. I love how this adorable card box has the bride and grooms picture on it!
6. Another adorable old suitcase card holder - and I love the "welcome" sign.

I hope you've gotten some ideas for cute gift table ideas if you're planning a wedding (or any party for that matter). I always say - the fun is in the details. People will remember some of the cute little touches you add more than you think :)

Photobucket
[p.s. this post may be linked to any number of these blogs]

4 comments:

  1. Hi Ewa - thanks for the invite! I'm your newest follower and have linked up to your party :) Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the mailbox idea. My niece is getting married next summer...I'm gonna pass along this idea.

    My sister and I host a joint party and we'd love for you to join us. When you link up at one site, it shows up on both my blog and my sister's blog too...double exposure!!
    http://www.saving4six.com/2012/10/welcome-to-think-tank-thursday-2.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the invite! I've stopped by and linked up :) I'm also a new follower via blogger, twitter & facebook. Have a great week!

      Delete
  3. What a cute idea! Love the fact that you guys are using the mailbox in your married life. Thank you for sharing this at my Make it Pretty Monday party at The Dedicated House. Hope to see your prettiness again on Monday. Toodles, Kathryn @TheDedicatedHouse

    ReplyDelete

All comments will be answered/responded to by email. Please make sure your email address is linked up to your account so I can reply. Thanks for leaving me some love :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...