search this blog

10.17.2012

yarn spiders


So far this Halloween season, I've made a halloween bannercheesecloth ghosts, & graveyard dirt. Next on my list were spiders! These little yarn spiders were easy to make and they add some fun to my Halloween decor. Some may see these as more of a kids craft...but hey, I like them! :)

I started by making a bunch of pom poms. I used a soft black yarn and a variety of sizes of pom pom makers. If you don't have a pom pom maker, you can easily make your own with cardboard or with a fork!


Next (using different lengths of pipe cleaners) I cut, bent and glued until I had something that resembled spider legs.


Then, I simply hot glued my pom poms to the spider leg frames. Using googly eyes and felt for fangs, I decorated my spiders and put them all over the house.


I have to say... I'm not a fan of actual spiders...but these little guys are fine to hang out around the house :) Oh, and if you're wondering how I made the yarn web...here is the tutorial.

Photobucket
[p.s. this post may be linked to any number of these blogs]

11 comments:

  1. Very cute! I love the pom pom makers. I have a few and they are so fun to work with.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! They are fun to work with - you can do so much with them :) Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  2. Such a cute project Shannon! Love the pom pom maker! Happy Fall! Angie xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are so cute and fun! Saw you on Made in a Day and came to say hello : )

    ReplyDelete
  4. Don't you just love that pom pom maker?! I'm addicted to making pom poms now that I found that thing lol!

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are so cute. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love this idea, they are so cute! I need to get myself a pom pom maker, they sound like fun.

    ReplyDelete
  7. These are so freeky cute! gotta make these with my kiddos.... :) They'll love 'em...
    EEK!!!!

    Thanks for sharing!

    hugs, Crystelle

    ReplyDelete
  8. perfect project for the Halloween!

    ReplyDelete

All comments will be answered/responded to by email. Please make sure your email address is linked up to your account so I can reply. Thanks for leaving me some love :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...